Running your own small, flexible business from home, to fit in with still being a full time, stay at home mum should be simple, shouldn’t it? Having biggish ideas to expand the business and be able to afford that extra caravan holiday in the summer as well as at Easter shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Unless, of course, you have five children and a husband living at home and constantly demanding your attention, have a house that still hasn’t learnt to clean and tidy itself, dinner that hasn’t learnt to cook itself, have commitments to the PTA and the church, and are still trying to sort through the boxed remnants of a past life destroyed in a house fire two years previously (possessions only-fortunately no loss of life).

Ok, maybe then it’s not quite so simple…

Wednesday 7 January 2015

New Year, New Ideas!


With my newly ordered fabric already delivered in the post by New Year’s Eve, I guess I’m now committed to the first of my new ideas. It’s either that, or kit my family out in fresh outfits appropriate for St. Valentine’s Day, St. George’s Day, American Independence Day etc. etc. so that I don’t waste the money spent out on the fabric, and I can’t really see that going down too well!

It may be a bit pathetic, but I have to admit that the sight of all the nice new fabric does bring out the little girl in me and feeling excited, I find myself anxiously counting down the days until I can actually have a play with it! At any other time of the year, the fabric would already have been pulled from its wrapping, spread across the dining table and, if not actually cut into, it would at least have been photographed in its raw state ready to be included on the website at the earliest opportunity. 
But its Christmas, or New Year to be more precise, and we have family visiting in only a couple of days’ time. And therefore the cheap paper tablecloth currently covering the dining table is being preserved to look nice for our visitors- taking it off for sewing purposes, and then replacing it isn’t really an option as it’s sure to die an undignified death if I even think about attempting it! Next year I plan on making a nice fabric one that we can take out and reuse year after year…

No comments:

Post a Comment