Running your own small, flexible business from home, to fit in with still being a full time, stay at home mum should be simple, shouldn’t it? Having biggish ideas to expand the business and be able to afford that extra caravan holiday in the summer as well as at Easter shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Unless, of course, you have five children and a husband living at home and constantly demanding your attention, have a house that still hasn’t learnt to clean and tidy itself, dinner that hasn’t learnt to cook itself, have commitments to the PTA and the church, and are still trying to sort through the boxed remnants of a past life destroyed in a house fire two years previously (possessions only-fortunately no loss of life).

Ok, maybe then it’s not quite so simple…

Thursday 8 January 2015

New Year's Day

So instead of playing with pretty fabrics, and trying for once to get ahead of myself with some cutting out, I find myself on New Year’s Day doing research into another of my new ideas. But which should come first- Twitter or a blog? After five minutes of looking at Twitter’s not terribly helpful ‘help’ pages (ok, maybe last night’s drinks at the pub, and the very late night didn’t exactly help my concentration!) I decide that maybe writing a blog would be the simpler option to achieve. After all, other family members with equally busy lives have managed to write their own, and what could be easier than simply retelling the events of any given day?

Quite a lot, it seems. Firstly, where to start? A quick google search turned out to be totally confusing, and mostly informed me what platforms to use… if I was in America. Unfortunately, I’m not. So I thought I’d take a look at the other blogs I know of- not that simple either as I had to hunt through the authors’ Facebook profiles to find the links to begin with! As I had hoped, at the bottom of the pages on the blogs is a link through to the blog host- both are powered by the same one so that seemed to be the best place to begin mine.

Having eventually managed to navigate through the help pages, I’m now faced with the next major question- what to call the blog? Having not really even thought about the form my writing is going to take, I decided I’ll have to think about it for a while, before actually committing to signing up and beginning to write the actual work of art.

Ok, maybe extreme tiredness caused by the many late nights of Christmas, followed swiftly by New Year, is really beginning to kick in at this point! So, sitting down with the family and watching New Year’s Day’s evening telly seems a much better idea. Although it has to be said- it doesn’t really help much towards my New Year goal of building my little business up…

No comments:

Post a Comment