Running your own small, flexible business from home, to fit in with still being a full time, stay at home mum should be simple, shouldn’t it? Having biggish ideas to expand the business and be able to afford that extra caravan holiday in the summer as well as at Easter shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Unless, of course, you have five children and a husband living at home and constantly demanding your attention, have a house that still hasn’t learnt to clean and tidy itself, dinner that hasn’t learnt to cook itself, have commitments to the PTA and the church, and are still trying to sort through the boxed remnants of a past life destroyed in a house fire two years previously (possessions only-fortunately no loss of life).

Ok, maybe then it’s not quite so simple…

Friday 16 January 2015

Sunday



Christmas may be about church, but the Christmas holidays don’t seem to have done much for our older children’s spiritual welfare- the three of them this morning declared that they didn’t want to get up and go out, especially as the teenage Sunday group isn’t back up and running there for them yet! So with only half our family in tow, we set off for our weekly date with church.

On the way back we come through town to see if the toy shop is open, as one advantage of getting the girls up early is that at least they’re dressed for the day! Unfortunately it isn’t, but now they’ve got close to spending their money they may be keener to actually get ready and out next weekend. Another bonus to coming home through the town is that Costa IS open…

With a quicker dinner than usual planned, I leave Mike to the cooking while I sort another load of ‘weekend’ washing and set it going. After dinner Mike sets himself up with his computer as he has some preparation to do for work tomorrow, the younger girls carry on playing their game from yesterday, while the older three all set about their own business, so I find myself free to get on with some sewing.

By now it’s cold and dull, and the day is once again racing past. I decide that rather than get the sewing machine out for only a short time, it would probably be better to get on with the rest of the cutting out for the current order I’m working on. That way, when I take it out tomorrow, I’ll have more sewing to actually work on. As well as cutting out the fabric for the last of the outfits for the one order, I also cut out both the fabric and the inner wadding for a bedding set that makes up another, separate order.

Cutting out done for now, I log onto the computer and take another look at the ad I made for the blog. I’m not entirely happy with all the keywords I chose yesterday, and I’m sure there are some more obvious ones that I could add. Trying to think how people would look online for a blog written by a mum trying to find time for both her business and her family, or rather what they would be looking for when this would attract their attention, sounds easier than it is. Typing in some more words, I leave the blog ad for now, especially as it has already shown a number of times.

I finish by publishing another blog post online, and then fortunately remember that I also need to place an online Tesco order for tomorrow, or else we will have no dinners this week- oh well, there goes the rest of my Sunday evening then!

No comments:

Post a Comment